The Nizam was laid to rest at the Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad with full State honours. Thousands of mourners took part in the funeral procession.
It is said that terror operatives were under the impression that the Mecca Masjid blasts were triggered off by some Hindu outfits and hence to avenge this, the twin blasts at Hyderabad were executed.
Were you there when the bomb went off at Hyderabad's Mecca Masjid?
The Central Bureau of Investigation's probe in the Mecca Masjid blast case has brought yet another blunder by the Hyderabad city police to the fore.
The ISI had claimed Bilal was shot in an encounter following the twin blasts in Hyderabad. The IB says that of late the ISI has been using this ploy to mislead investigating agencies in India. Every time the pressure on Pakistan builds up to hand over a terrorist whom they are shielding, they come up with such stories.
Most names figuring in the investigations of the 2007 bomb blasts in Ajmer, at Hyderabad's Mecca Masjid, and in Malegaon hail from Madhya Pradesh's Malwa region. Rediff.com's Krishnakumar Padmanabhan traces the common thread that could have brought these men together.
The Central Bureau of Investigation, which is probing the Ajmer and Hyderabad Mecca Masjid blasts, say that their case will not be complete unless and until they manage to lay their hands on Swami Aseemanand -- who is believed to be the father of the right wing groups carrying out subversive activities in the country.
Aseemanand, a member of right-wing Hindu group Abhinav Bharat, has been in jail since December 2010.
All I have to say is that the narco-analysis reports came in very late and by the time we started to look into it, the case was transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation. We however got to know that those involved in the Nanded blast were also part of the Parbhani blasts case, says K P S Raghuvanshi, former chief of the Mumbai Anti Terrorism Squad
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh said it was premature to have a debate on the links of those involved in Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad with the organisation.
What you need to know about Mukarram Jah Bahadur, the 8th Nizam, who will be laid to rest in Hyderabad today.
According to police sources in Hyderabad, Quadri, who runs a watch repair shop, was in constant touch with Shahed alias Bilal, the alleged mastermind behind the masjid blasts.
The investigation into the three bomb blasts at Hyderabad has taken a new turn with the narco analysis test of an accused revealing that fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim funded both the Mecca Masjid and twin blasts in Hyderabad earlier this year. The revelation that Dawood spent crores of rupees on the blasts was made by Majid, the youngest brother of Shahid Bilal, the HuJI operative, who is a prime suspect in the blasts.
According to the police, the results of the test will be helpful in cracking the twin blasts case as well as in gathering more information about the Mecca Masjid blast.
Just a day after the blasts, the police came to the conclusion that the blasts had been carried out by HuJI.
The Muslim community in Hyderabad has accused Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy of failing to keep the promises he made about helping the men and women wrongly accused of the Mecca Masjid blasts.
A constable was killed and two others were injured after three unidentified men on motorbike fired at them in Old Hyderabad on Friday afternoon.
Several theories but no evidence yet. This is the status of the investigations into the twin blasts at Hyderabad exactly a year back. When the twin blasts rocked Lumbini Park and Gokul Chat in Hyderabad, it was largely believed that the investigations would be taken over by the Central Bureau of Investigations, which was already looking into the Mecca Masjid blasts. However that did not happen.
Three years after the Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad, investigators stated that all evidence point to Right-wing Hindu groups.
In what is being suspected to be a terror attack, one home guard was killed and a head constbale was seriously injured when unknown motor cycle borne-assailants opened fire at a police picket in the old city area of Hyderabad.
Nine people lost their lives. The aftermath too was chaotic with cops opening fire to quell a mob and in the bargain five people lost their lives.
Hyderabad city was under a security blanket on the eve of the third anniversary of bomb blast in historic Mecca Masjid as hundreds of armed policemen were deployed in the city to prevent any untoward incident.
A team of the Hyderabad Police arrived in Ajmer on Saturday to probe the links between the blast at the xxxx dargah and the Mecca Masjid blasts in the city on May 18. The explosives were found wrapped in a Telegu newspaper, indicating that those who planted the bomb had a link with Hyderabad. Both Mecca Masjid and Ajmer blasts took place at religious places, when people had gathered to offer their prayers.
'We were expecting death sentences, but now the court has acquitted them, despite Aseemanand himself admitting to his crime in front of a judge.' More importantly, it seems the tag of 'Hindu Terror' coined by the United Progressive Alliance government was wrong all along. Amjedullah Khan, spokesperson for the Majlis Bachao Tehreek, has been tracking the Mecca Masjid blast case from day one and was also involved in securing the release of more than 100 Muslims youths who were falsely accused in different terror cases in the aftermath of the blast. He spoke to Syed Firdaus Ashraf/Rediff.com about the acquittal of Swami Aseemanand and what it means.
Although the Hyderabad blasts bear the signature of the Indian Mujahideen, the police and the Intelligence Bureau say that it is too early to pin point the blame on the infamous terror outfit.
Falaknuma Inspector Sudhakar and Mughalpura Inspector Ramachandra Reddy, who were in charge at the firing spot, were transferred by the city Police Commissioner Balvinder Singh.
The Central Bureau of Investigation is all set to bring the accused of Ajmer blast, Devender Gupta and Lokesh Sharma, to Hyderabad in connection with Mecca Masjid blast in May, 2007.
The cultural ethos of Hyderabad goes beyond the famous Charminar and the Mecca Masjid. Come Ramzan and the buzz around the bazaars in the city is obvious.
A Hyderabad court has remanded Lokesh Sharma, a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh activist and suspect in the Mecca masjid blast case, to the custody of the Central Bureau of Investigations for 10 days.
The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to entrust the probe into last Friday's bomb blast at the historic Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad to the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Police sources said they suspect the hand of Harkat-ul-Jihad al Islami behind the blast.
The Muslims in the Old City of Hyderabad would be reminded of the police action against them following the Mecca Masjid and twin blasts. However, this time around, they say that the police have not jumped the gun and would look to investigate this matter in a free and fair manner.
The conspiracy was hatched by Shahid and his friend Khaja, both residents of Moosarambagh here, police sources said quoting a confessional statement.
The state government had ordered the CBI probe into the bomb blast in the mosque on May 18.
More than a lakh Muslims offered prayers at Hyderabad's historic Mecca Masjid on Jummatul Vidaa or the last Friday of Ramzan today.
The injured have been taken to the Osmania hospital.
The SIC also announced on Saturday night that Shoaib has been arrested in a case under the Passport Act and is being produced before the magistrate.
A police officer told rediff.com that if they manage to elicit all the information available with Imran then both the Mecca Masjid blast and twin blasts cases could be solved in record time.
On a day when Muslims in Hyderabad observed a bandh by shutting down their businesses and shops and police was on a high alert fearing further terror attacks to avenge the blast and the firing, Chidambaram told a television channel that those arrested in connection with the blast in Ajmer Dargah, were also involved in Mecca Masjid blast.